DESKTOP FLASHOVER TRAINING SYSTEM
The Desktop Flashover has been specifically developed to produce realistic classroom demonstrations of the dangers and the energy released by a backdraft or flashover fire.
- Teach LEL and UEL thresholds by controlling the built-in electronic ignition.
- Demonstrate how an explosion occurs when the LEL is reached and simulate a flashover.
- Simulate a backdraft effect by demonstrating an upper explosive limit whereby air enters the mixture.
- Simulate a slow burning low-energy explosion when the gas concentration is approaching the UEL.
- Simulate a rapid high-energy explosion when the gas is between the LEL and UEL.
- Simulate the visual components of a flashover, backdraft or rollover by adding smoke to the environment.